It’s rated as Australia’s most premier steel convention. The Australian Steel Convention, hosted by Australian Steel Institute, will be held from September 17-19 and will highlight why steel should be the material of choice when “steeling Australia’s infrastructure”.
There will be a major emphasis on how local inclusion of Australian steel products can provide economical and compliant solutions for project delivery.
The team from leading steel profile cutters, ShapeCUT, will be in attendance and we encourage all those who want to learn more about getting into the steel industry or further their knowledge to join the conversation on the future of Australia’s steel industry.
In focus: Key sessions of the Australian Steel Convention 2017
Through a series of talks and sessions, the key speakers are known thought-leaders in their specialisation and will provide insight into the issues and opportunities in the steel industry, as well as the cutting-edge vision to helping you and your business become a part of the action.
Some of the key sessions and speakers not to miss are:
- Why Australian steel can still be profitable – Mark Vassella, Chief Executive at BlueScope Australia and New Zealand
- How infrastructure investment can benefit Australian manufacturing – Dr Richard Denniss, Chief Economist from The Australia Institute
- Ensuring infrastructure projects raise the sustainability bar – Antony Sprigg, CEO of the Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia
- Managing risk in a changing building/construction context – Alison Miriams and Richard Hodgett both from Roberts Pizzarotti
- Translating Australia’s infrastructure spending into long-term economic benefits – Garry Bowditch, Executive Director from the Better Infrastructure Initiative
There will also be a focus on the energy security challenge surrounding the steel industry, opportunities that exist from landmark Queensland steel projects and the National Government’s role in plans to grow apprenticeships for the future.
National Fabricators Forum 2017
Once all the action of the key speakers has finished, the National Fabricators Forum begins. This is a fantastic opportunity for construction modellers and steel detailers, including steel cutting businesses, to talk about the concerns facing the industry and let the Australian Steel Institute know what’s important to you.
The highlights of this forum include:
- The third-party fabricator requirements to meet Australia steelwork compliance standards
- Support for fabricators with anti-dumping policies
- How the Australian Government, both State and Federal, will act to support small-to-medium steel businesses
- How to reduce the costs in your business from workers comp premiums
There will also be the opportunity for Q&A discussion from fabrication attendees who are encouraged to raise matters relating to wet weather delays, supply chain, an inconsistency of WHS, governments lack of support on steelwork dumping, depleting skills from the VET sector and market shifts and changes.
To cap off the three-day event, a gala awards dinner will be held as well as a Sheds and Rolls Formers Breakout Session. More details on the event including where to buy tickets can be found on the Australian Steel Convention 2017 website.
ShapeCUT is at the forefront of cutting steel, specialising in profile laser cutting, high definition plasma cutting and oxy cutting. Our expert team is ready and capable of bulk cutting steel plate to custom, intricate designs. We offer a range of steel cutting services including rolling, bevelling, machining and drilling. Contact ShapeCUT today to discuss your next steel work project.